Friday, January 7, 2011

Movin' on up (literally, we're on the 2nd floor)

Hello from beautiful Vancouver! Where you're greeted by lovely mountain views and thriving businesses instead of a stinky landfill and even stinkier paper mills. We moved on New Year's Day and it went fairly smoothly. There were a few casualties: a dresser, fan and laundry hamper, but we appreciated all of the help from our family, friends and ward. Our apartment is cozy and just the perfect size for our little family.



Husband is still taking classes at LCC through the spring, but is planning on attending Clark College in the fall, seeking a degree in Radiology. This relocation has been a goal of ours for almost a year now so it feels good, no make that great, to have taken the first steps to establishing a more stable livelihood for our family.

I've moved many, many times in the past decade. This is the first time I've felt extremely saddened leaving behind some close friends and family. I know we're separated by less than 50 miles but they are so much a part of my daily life, I feel a bit discombobulated by the distance.

3 comments:

Kasmira said...

Hi Buddy! Congratulations on the move! I hope my package made it to you before you left Long-phew!

Lynell Rogers said...

Discombobulated!

zinniacr said...

I am so happy for you guys! Yay! What's the new address so I can send you some stuff?