Thursday, December 30, 2010

Four Inches

After many anxious weeks, the doctor pulled the pin from Husband's foot. No local anesthesia or anything; he just used some little medical pliers and slowly twisted while pulling the sucker out. Husband said it felt weird but no pain. I was very surprised how long it was.

The x-rays showed that one of his bones is still fractured but the doc said to start slowly putting weight on it anyway. Those were the words Husband was waiting to hear. He quickly graduated from crutches to a cane in less than a day, and has been giddy with his new found independence.


My days have been filled with preparations to move. The children have been handling my inattentiveness well (not now, momma has to pack/clean/on the phone...go play with your toys/watch a show/take a nap). Here is a (rare) picture of them sitting happily together watching (a very common occurrence) TV.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

sure glad that pin is out! weird it didn't hurt him more- maybe his pain tolerance has increased with this horrible accident!
good luck with the move...my mom forwarded me your new address, hope that we can visit sometime- we haven't been to Jason's new place yet- so maybe we need a drive to Vancouver.
glad your kids are finding interest in the tv, and movies- I always loved being able to have something to distract my kids for a bit!