Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunburn city


Dear Husband,

Wanting to satisfy Ami's desire to walk through a tree forest (and my desire to get some exercise), we planned a hike for Friday morning. But after sleeping in (again), waiting for Ping to get home from summer school (and give Ami hiking hair), packing lunches and the drive, it ended up being a little after noon when we arrived at the trail head. We ate some lunch and then got started.
There was a bit of an incline so it was pretty slow going. Plus your daughter had to stop at every rock, bug and flower. I walked patiently with her answering every question, and voicing my pride at her bravery and endurance.


Calvin spent most of the time on either mine or Ping's back.


When I felt my little girl had exhausted everyone's energy and patience, we turned around and headed back to the car.




"I'd rather be at a playground, mom."


I had plans with my sister Crissy that evening so I rushed to shower and catch the light rail as soon as we arrived back at Nana's; leaving our children in the care of my family. They had only napped for a short time in the car so they passed out a little after 7pm (the earliest since we've been in CO) while I got in a much anticipated visit with my favorite sis and her man.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

sure makes me miss them seeing all of these pictures. Calvin would look more manly if he didnt have that bright yellow binki in his mouth.

Fortner Family said...

When will you be back in town friend... I see a day at the Kids Club in our future! Have a great time with your family!

Lynell Rogers said...

Looks like you're having fun!