Thursday, June 16, 2011

Play all day

In an attempt to use less gas, I vowed not to drive Monday or Tuesday and find alternative ways to entertain the kids (sans television, of course). We don't live in an area with many kid friendly places to walk to and major road construction makes traveling by foot with two young'uns more treacherous. But there is a playground in the more upscale apartment complex about 1/4 mile from us so we walked there twice on Monday.

Tuesday, Ami announced she didn't want to walk anywhere so we had a tea party on the deck,

made play dough cookies,

took a nap (there was a little Dora and Diego after),

built ultimate Bobcat stairs with Lego's,

and played tag in our limited green space.

Wednesday brought a shortage of milk and bread so we did drive to our favorite Fred Meyer where the kids spent a fun-filled hour in PlayLand while I shopped. I try to leave them there for the entire allowed hour and as I was browsing the books, I could hear my children's shrieks of laughter and joy from across the store. I noticed other people looking that directions so I quickly made my way to the check stand.
Today I took them to the paved Burnt Bridge Creek trail only about 2 miles down the road so Ami could practice riding her princess bike (a gift from Grammy). She asks to ride a lot but seems to forget how much work it is and wanted to give up almost immediately. However, I was firm and coaxed her into riding for about an hour while Calvin happily scooted along on his Radio Flyer tricycle (thanks, Cami!).
The apartment we're in now is decent and low rent, but as soon as Husband is officially registered for the Radiology program at Clark, we plan on moving closer to the college and many more parks.

No comments: