Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lakeside Amusement Park

Dear Husband,

Monday was predicted to be the coolest day of the week with a high of only 82 degrees. Crissy and I decided to give the kids their first amusement park experience on that evening. I had checked out Lakeside on the 'net before our trip and decided it would be adequate. The reviews said it was a little rundown and ghetto but with a $2 admission and fifty cent kiddie rides, it sounded just right for our (too young to know any better) precious darlings. OMG, Amidala LOVED it!!! She was so brave and enthusiastic about every ride. See that empty green frog seat? That was where Calvin was supposed to go but he wasn't having it.



The next ride proved to be a little more Calvin's speed and he happily rang those little bells.



And boy was he excited to finally get into a boat he's been bugging us for.



The height requirement for some of the faster rides, including the kiddie Ferris wheel, was 36" but the bored teenage operators didn't usually enforce that.





The roller coaster was probably Ami's favorite and Calvin's biggest regret. She went again immediately afterwards, sans brother.



When this ride started to pick up speed, Ami protectively put her arm around him. Awwww, so cute!



I was worried Calvin was going to climb out of the helmet once they rose into the air. I kept shouting for him to sit down.



I figured he'd love the merry-go-round, but it was still difficult to get him aboard and he insisted on a stationary figure while Ami joyfully rode up and down next to me.





The scrambler was our last attraction and it was located in the adult section. This one required two tickets so I bought a few more so we could all ride. The operator was a little more observant of Calvin's height so he wasn't allowed on. My sister and I took turns with Ami instead. Don't worry, though. Calvin was content to just watch. I was amazed at how happy he was just spending time with his family and watching them have fun without needing to be in the action all the time.



Since we were in Denver proper, we couldn't resist a visit to Aunt Crissy's apartment. Notice the demon cat to the right in the photo (Cisero is really very sweet).



We arrived back at Nana and Pop-pop's at about 10:45pm and your little man was begging for his binky-lion. I swear he was out before I left the room.


And Ami is beggin' to go back to amusement park and that really fast roller coaster. Stay tuned to see if I give in and take her a second time.

1 comment:

zinniacr said...

I had so much fun with you and the little ones at the amusement park. :)