Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sh*t Happens

My beloved Husband was in an accident at work yesterday. The jack holding up the flat bed trailer loaded with rock gave out and the tongue landed on his foot. A tractor was needed to lift it off his foot. The x-rays showed he broke three bones and suffered numerous gashes. He was referred to an orthopedic surgeon and will need surgery to put pins and screws in the bones to reconstruct them. But all that will have to wait until the swelling goes down. In the meantime, he is stuck on his back, foot constantly elevated and always in extreme pain. We see the actual surgeon on Wednesday to discuss the procedure and date. He won't be able to put any weight on it until at least after the new year.


These pictures get worse so stop now if you're squeamish about blood.


The broken bones are ones connected to his second and third toes. The nurse at Kaiser was able to stitch up the gash on top...


but his foot was too swollen to stretch the skin and stitch up the two on the side so they are always bleeding heavily. Again, nothing can be done until the swelling goes down. Keeping the foot elevated and still helps with the bleeding and pain, a little.

These pictures were taken after his bath this evening. That was a bit of a challenge.

I love my family deeply, so taking extra care of them is not a burden. Financial times have been hard before and I have faith that we'll make it through. It's seeing my best friend in so much pain ALL THE TIME that is the hardest for me.

I love you Husband. Lord, please heal him quickly.

7 comments:

Kasmira said...

That looks painful! I hope he heals quickly.

Lauralee said...

oh poor lynn... so sorry! hope he is able to keep the pain under control!

Cami said...

OUCH! Hang in there you two!

zinniacr said...

This so sucks and I just want to give Lynn a big hug. Let us know how we can help and hang in there. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I didn't look. I"ll take your word for it. Call me if you want me to wrassle little people for you. We have mermaids here! And also Peter pan. :) Really, call.

Christine said...

Ouch!!! I hope he feels better soon!

Fortner Family said...

Ouch! I am so sorry to read this. If you need anything please let me know!