Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rockies-9, Kansis City-ZERO


Dear Husband,

Friday evening finally arrived and we were off to the Colorado Rockies game! You know how much I love live baseball. While riding on the light rail to downtown Denver with my mom and Ken, she reminded me that we haven't been to a game together in 20 years. It makes me feel old to be able to make references like that. We walked around downtown for a bit, popping into Forever 21 and catching the free mall bus ride that transports the throngs of people around the lively marketplace. Our tickets were for the suite that her workplace has reserved for home games, which is located just above the club level. There was free food and drink located inside the air conditioned, glass enclosed room with couches and such. But for the serious game watchers, there was three rows of balcony seating. I parked myself in the front row, leaning over the railing most of the time so I wouldn't miss a moment of the action. The Rockies did not disappoint, it was a great game! The fountains went off every time they hit a homer and the energy in the stadium was amazing.



I appropriately wore purple.



As if going to the game wasn't cool enough, we also got to watch a fantastic fireworks show afterward. On the field. Where the actual players were just kicking some serious corn husking butt.





I haven't had such a great night out since you took me dancing. Wish you were here.

Love always,
Wife

No comments: