Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweetheart Dance

Husband and I had our first complete night off together since our children were born. We've been fortunate to have gone out to dinner on our anniversaries and there were those days my sils (graciously) took my children when I was ill in the hospital, but never have we been healthy and alone overnight since Ami's birth. We dropped off our kids at Grandma and Grandpa Davis' and then headed over to a group wedding anniversary dinner party with my stepmom's family, who also happen to reside in Castle Rock. Awesome food, lovely family, and a fun gift exchange. It was nice to sit on Husband's lap in the crowded living room and have relaxed conversation with other adults. A little after 8pm (when we would normally collapse on the couch, exhausted), we left for the Sweetheart Dance at the stake center only about a mile from our apartment. We were giddy the entire drive down. Husband has always wanted to teach me to dance and we were both really looking forward to it. I even bought a new dress that day so I would feel extra cute and confident (I'm a horrible dancer so I needed all the help I could get to be comfortable). We had a blast! Husband was so sweet with me as I awkwardly tried to learn the steps. I forgot how much he makes me laugh. I hope we make nights out sans children a regular thing.

No comments: