Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ami's bangs

Cutting Ami's bangs is always a bit of an ordeal. I've tried everything from distractions to bribery but nothing works. When they get so long they start to stick to her snotty nose, I have to get serious. After a bath, I wrap her tightly in a towel (to keep her arms pinned), lay her on the carpet and gently sit on her with her head between my knees. Then I twist her bangs into one peice and do a quick snip. I always cut them a little too short but figure that's just more time before I have to torture her with this routine again.



After a few weeks, you won't even notice the botched job. Even though she screamed through entire procedure, she couldn't stop looking in the mirror and smiling. So looking forward to taking my little drama queen to the dentist in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Kasmira said...

That's hilarious! Sounds like me giving medicine to my cats. I sit on them, too!

zinniacr said...

LOL! I love it! Maybe she will cooperate a little more next time since she seems to like her new look so much.

Anonymous said...

how adorable! just be glad she isn't afraid to get her hair cut, now she knows that the outcome will be good so next time she'll sit still more.